There are 4 miles of trails on the property. With several different trail segments, visitors can choose a hike of varying lengths that includes vistas, woods, prairie meadows, and ridgetop backwoods.
Trails are not maintained for winter use but are not closed, open to all non-motorized users, including skiers, hikers, and snowshoers. Trails may be snow and ice-covered, muddy, and slippery during winter.
In addition to skiing and snowshoeing, visitors also enjoy dog sledding, building igloos, geocaching, and orienteering.
Trails may be restricted to weather and trail conditions.
Skiers may travel anywhere on the property except the in the cemetery and on the ponds, though there are no groomed or tracked cross-country ski trails exclusively for skiers.
SLEDDING and SNOWSHOEING
Sledding and snowshoeing are allowed anywhere on the property except in the cemetery and on the ponds.
Property Use During Hunting Season
Visit our Property Use During Hunting webpage to learn more about which properties are open for hunting and guidelines to follow for visitors and dogs.
For your safety, it is recommended that you follow several guidelines while enjoying the outdoors during the fall, winter, and spring. Some safety recommendations applicable to the use of the property include:
1. Know Before You Go: hunting season dates set by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
2. Wear “Blaze Orange” or other highly visible clothing.
3. IF YOU HIKE WITH A DOG, it should wear a blaze orange vest and be on a leash at all times, unless engaged in hunting activities.
4. USE EXTRA CAUTION AT DAWN and DUSK. Hunting activity may increase at dawn and dusk when animals are feeding. Please wear reflective vests if you hike during these times of low visibility. Using a headlamp is a good idea, too.
5. AVOID HUNTER INTERFERENCE. It is prohibited by Wisconsin law to interfere with people engaged in lawful hunting, fishing, or trapping (WI Statutes 29.083).
6. BE HEARD. Make sure you are heard, by whistling, singing, or talking while you hike.
If you encounter rule violations or become aware of an issue, please contact the church at (608) 767-3312.